Welcome to our website!

Welcome to our website!

Welcome to our website!

Teen accused of making gun accessible that led to death of boy, 16

A 17-year-old has been jailed, accused of making a firearm accessible to a child in connection with last month’s fatal shooting of a 16-year-old high school sophomore.

Investigators believe Luis Pablo Gonzalez owned the gun that was being passed around and played with by a group of juveniles sitting in a car in the 3700 block of North Elm Street on the night of Sept. 29.

Police have said one of the juveniles, unaware that the pistol was loaded, pulled the trigger, striking Jose Alvarez.

Alvarez, a sophomore at Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School, was taken by private vehicle to John Peter Smith Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

A ruling on the cause and manner of his death is still pending.

Making a firearm accessible to a child where it results in death or serious bodily injury is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman said Gonzalez had been at the location but was standing outside the car when the shooting occurred.

Gonzalez was arrested at his Fort Worth home Thursday.

He was being held Friday in the Mansfield jail with bail set at $10,000.

Loughman said the case remains under investigation and that no decision has been made whether the juvenile who pulled the trigger will face charges.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *