Welcome to our website!

Welcome to our website!

Welcome to our website!

Slain TWU student apparently went to suspect’s home before she was killed

The Texas Woman’s University student found dead in Grapevine last week apparently met the man accused of killing her at a Denton bar Tuesday night and later went to his home in Haslet, before she was dismembered and burned in a blue wading pool, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Tuesday morning.

Jacqueline Vandagriff, 24, was found dead by firefighters in Acorn Woods Park near Lake Grapevine about 6 a.m. Wednesday.

Police linked the kiddie pool to Charles Dean Bryant, 30, of Haslet, who remains in jail on a capital murder charge, with bond set at $1 million.

The two were seen together on video at two Denton bars, Fry Street Public House and Shots and Crafts. They were seen leaving Shots and Crafts at about 9:45 p.m., the affidavit says.

Cell phone data traced Vandagriff to the area near Bryant’s home in Haslet at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, the affidavit says. About 4:41 a.m., Bryant was seen on video at a Wal-Mart near his home purchasing a shovel.

In Bryant’s backyard, detectives later found “evidence that someone started to dig a hole in the ground,” according to the affidavit. They also found a “round patch of grass where it appears a kiddie pool would have recently been.”

Detectives interviewed Bryant’s roommate and ex-girlfriend and both said Bryant had a kiddie pool similar to the one where Vandagriff was found.

Detectives also found Vandagriff’s purse in the trash at Bryant’s home in Haslet, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit also said Bryant’s ex-girlfriend has a protective order against him stemming from a stalking and harassment complaint.

In a separate matter, UNT spokeswoman Margarita Venegas confirmed that Bryant had a recent history with UNT police beginning Aug. 24, when a female student filed a complaint against him.

Campus police issued a no-trespass order against Bryant, but he was accused of violating it, arrested and charged with criminal trespassing Sept. 6. He was released the same day.

The next day, UNT police learned he had continued to try to contact the student and issued a warrant for stalking. He was arrested Sept. 7, and that same day, campus police obtained an emergency protective order from Denton County for the female student. He was released from jail Sept. 9, records show, and accused of violating the emergency order on Sept. 17, just a few days after Vandagriff was killed.

“As far as we know, there is no connection to the Grapevine murder,” Venegas said. “Bryant is not affiliated in any way with UNT, never been a student or employee.”

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *