ROCKFORD, Mich. (WOOD) — There’s an investigation underway into allegations that players on Rockford High School’s varsity football team violated the athletic code of conduct.
“As soon as the investigation is completed, we’ll determine who needs to be assigned a consequence,” said Ryan Kelley, assistant superintendent for curriculum.
Kelley would not provide further details about the situation, but said that district leaders launched the investigation last week.
Administrators met Monday night with individual players and their parents to try to gather information about what occurred.
“We’re going to talk to every single player, coach and administrator,” said Kelley.
“No one’s been suspended yet… We’ve got to conduct a thorough investigation,” Kelley added.
Kelley said that, as far as he knows, police have not been contacted regarding the allegations. He also said the investigation focuses solely on Rockford High School’s varsity football team and does not involve any other teams, schools or districts.
Superintendent Mike Shibler was out of the office Tuesday and unavailable for comment.