Welcome to our website!

Welcome to our website!

Welcome to our website!

Medical Examiner's Office unable to determine how Otis Orchards infant found under recliner died


The Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office was unable to determine how an Otis Orchards infant, who was found unresponsive under a recliner, died. 

According to court documents, 24-day-old Quentin David Warren, was found by his parents face-down, and unresponsive under a recliner at the end of August. The Medical Examiner’s Office conducted a complete autopsy and concluded the cause and manner of death to be undetermined. 

Deputies were called to the home in Otis Orchards by firefighters for a baby that wasn’t breathing due to “questionable circumstances.” Deputies arrived at the home to find the mother, father, and an 11-year-old boy on the front porch. The mother was holding the baby. Deputies asked if anyone had started CPR on the infant, and the mother replied, “No he’s gone, he hit his head.” 

The deputies began CPR on the baby, but he was pronounced dead by responding medics. 

According to court documents, the mother told deputies that she and the father of the child had been drinking the night before at a friend’s house until about 10:30 when the returned home. Deputies note in the court documents that the mother still smelled of intoxicants. She said the father slept in the living room in a recliner, while she slept on the couch. She said she did not know where the baby slept that night. 

The 11-year-old child on scene told deputies when he went to bed at 11:00 p.m., the baby was asleep in the car seat in the house. 

The mother told deputies she awoke and didn’t know where the baby was. She said she woke up the father, who also didn’t know where the child was. The mother said they searched and found the baby face down under the recliner. 

Deputies noted an infant swing with a baby blanket next to the recliner. The mother said the baby blanket was in the car seat and she believed the baby’s father had gotten up with the child at around 2:00 a.m.

Court documents say that deputies took notice that the house was dirty and cluttered, with empty baby bottles and diapers on the floor. 

At this time, it is unknown if the parents will face any charges related to the child’s death. 

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *