GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The City of Grand Rapids will be keeping its doors open later to make it easier for residents to vote their absentee ballots in person.
City Hall, located at 300 Monroe Avenue NW, will have extended hours on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Oct. 18: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 20: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 27: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 30: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 5: 8 .m. to 2 p.m.
All voters who go to the polls or request an absentee ballot in person must bring a photo ID, such as a Michigan Driver’s License or Identification Card. Anyone who doesn’t have a photo ID or forgets to bring one can still vote by signing an affidavit stating that they didn’t have a photo ID.
Voters can get absentee ballots in person until 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7.
For more information, residents can call the City Clerk’s Office at 616.456.3010 or visit their website.
Grand Rapids City Clerk’s Office: Voter Information